• November 28Final Exams Dec. 13-15!

• September 22Float Building Every Tues. and Thurs. Night!

• September 22Homecoming Game Oct. 6!

Monday, March 13, 2017

Legal name diploma list verification due March 24

The legal name diploma list is being posted in each senior class. Students are urged to proofread their name for errors because this will be the way it will appear on their diploma. If there needs to be a correction, students must bring their birth certificate to Mrs. Riley in the main office to indicate the name change. Deadline to make a change is March 24.

Spring Sports Spirit Week March 20

Kimball’s Spring Sports Spirit Week kicks off March 20. The week’s theme is “Survivor!” Students are urged to show their spirit and participate in the dress-up days:

Monday – Camo Day

Tuesday – Beauty, Brains, Brawn Wednesday – Extreme Weather Thursday – Animal print

Friday – Tribal Wars (class color day) with freshmen, purple; sophomores, white; juniors, pink; and seniors, black.

Jungle cheer section

Come out students to the Jungle and help cheer on Kimball’s Jaguar athletes: * Track vs. East Union, March 16, 3:30 p.m.

• Baseball vs. Lathrop, March 28, 3:30 p.m.
  • Swim vs. East Union and Weston Ranch, April 6, 3:30 p.m.
  • Girls tennis vs. Manteca, April 12, 3:30 p.m.
  • Boys volleyball vs. Lathrop, April 24, 5 p.m.
  • Track vs. Lathrop, April 27, 3:30 p.m.
MJC sends reps to Kimball

Modesto Junior College representatives will be visiting Kimball during third period Tuesday, for an application workshop in the Career Center. It is an opportunity to have students’ questions answered. Interested students should sign up by today in the Career Center. They will need to take the pass provided and have their third period teacher sign it. Without a teacher signature on pass, students will not be permitted to attend.

Senior class trip deposit due Tuesday

Tickets are on sale for the annual Senior Class trip to Magic Mountain May 18-19. Tickets are $165 and include lunch, transportation to the Los Angeles theme park, and admission into the park. Students must have zero Saturday School hours, no fines, and be on track to graduate to attend the activity. Students must pay the $75 deposit by Tuesday to reserve a spot. Space is limited, so students should pay as soon as possible in the bookkeeper’s office. The remaining balance for the trip is due April 28.

Juniors view Jostens’ items

All juniors will be meeting with Jostens during second period Tuesday in the Athletic Complex for a presentation on senior class items. All students will report to second period and then be escorted by their teacher to the gym.  Jostens will return March 21st during lunch to deliver graduation items to seniors and collect payments from the juniors.

Hamlet week 2 tickets on sale

Jaguar Theatre presents “Hamlet,” directed by Mr. Munger and produced by Mrs. Neylan. The dates of the show are: Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. There will also be a matinee show at 2 p.m., Saturday. Tickets are: $10 for adults, $5 for high school students with ID, Kimball staff, and children age 13 and under. They can be purchased in the budget manager’s office and before the shows at the theater box office.

Calling all camp counselors

Kimball is looking for 10 senior males and 10 senior females with good grades and no disciplinary actions to serve as science camp counselors from March 20 to March 24. The deadline to apply is Wednesday with Mrs. Sillivan in the main office.

Prom guest pass date changed

The final day for Kimball prom-goers to submit their green guest pass has been moved to Friday. Students are asked to turn in their guest pass and pay their guest deposit as soon as possible. There are 450 spaces for the prom.

School supplies drive here

Kimball’s Leadership and Students Helping Students are partnering with Tracy Interfaith Ministries to establish a supply drive for homeless and foster children in Tracy. Student leaders will be collecting clothing, school supplies, and other items in collection barrels on campus and at various Tracy businesses. The drive will run March 20 to March 31. See a Leadership representative or email studentshelpingstudentskhs@gmail.com for more information.

Freshman sports orientation April 10

Kimball’s athletic department is hosting a sports orientation night for incoming freshmen April 10 in the Athletic Complex. At the 6 p.m. event, each sport will have display tables and registration sheets for the 2017-18 school year.

Help Pennies for Aleppo

Kimball’s Key Club has partnered with HOSA and Leadership, as well as Mountain House, Tracy High, and West High clubs, to help raise money for refugees displaced by the international crisis in Syria. All proceeds go to Doctors Without Borders and will help provide immediate medical relief and supplies. Kimball’s goal is $1,000, so every cent counts!

‘Promposal’ posters sold

Do you want to ask someone to the Kimball prom? Leadership is selling “promposal” posters. Small posters are $3 and large posters are $5. Students must pay the bookkeeper. All orders must be submitted by March 29.

March contest theme is luck

Submissions for the Kimball Literary Journal’s March writing, art, and music contest are now open. The theme for March is Luck. The contest is open to all Kimball students, and those wanting to participate may submit into any or all of the three categories: writing, art, and/or music. Writing must be less than 1,000 words. Music entries should be less than two minutes. All work must be original. All writing, art, and music entries should be emailed to khslitjournal@yahoo.com or handed in to a club officer or club adviser Mr. Eddy in J4. Entries are due March 22 by 11:59 p.m. We encourage all students to participate; all winners will have their work published in the school’s end-of-the-year book.

Want Jags to dine with NFL Hall of Famer Ronnie Lott?

Former San Francisco 49er great Ronnie Lott and the Tracy Toyota dealership are sponsoring two A.L.S. events to raise money to combat Lou Gehrig Disease on April 22. A 5K run starts at 7:30 a.m. and a ceremonial walk begins 10 a.m. at the Naglee Road dealership. The local high school with most participants, in either of the A.L.S. events, will win a pizza party for their football team with Lott. Visit www.ericsvision.org and click on events to register. Be sure to click on Kimball.

KHS library having contest during March

During March, every time a student reads and recommends a book using Kimball’s library

recommendation cards, their name will be entered into a contest for a free book. Visit the library to see the books that can be chosen in the contest. Check out some of the new books — or old ones. And talk to the librarian to make a recommendation so that your name is entered into the contest.

Got GPA?

Academic Block K applications are available on the Kimball website. Check them out! You may be eligible to receive this award. Two ways to qualify are: straight A’s in one of your last two semesters or by using your cumulative weighted grade point average. Don’t miss out since no late applications will be accepted.

Players pumping iron

Kimball football’s off-season workouts have started in an effort to make the Jaguars bigger, stronger, and faster. Anyone planning on playing football next season needs to be attending these workouts on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. in the weight room.

TAAA offers scholarship

Annually, the Tracy African American Association provides college scholarships named for late TAAA member and education advocate Wayne Nelson to enrich educational opportunities for

African-American students, who are graduating from Tracy high schools this year. Scholarships are awarded to high school seniors who apply, meet specific academic requirements, and who are entering an accredited college or university on a full-time basis. Deadline for applying is in April. Seniors should contact Yolande Barial of the TAAA at 510-589-6445 for more details.

CSF coupon book

Support the California Scholarship Club by buying a Save-Around coupon book for $25. This book has discounts to all of the favorite places to shop and eat locally as well as entertainment discounts. See one of the CSF members or Mrs. Burkert in N8 to get your book.

After-school study hall is back

The Restoration Center will be offering tutoring in English, history, math, and science after school in K1. Every student on campus is welcome to participate. The times are: Monday, 1:50 to 4 p.m.;   Tuesday through Thursday, 3:15 to 5:30 p.m.; and Friday, 3:15 to 5 p.m.

Move away from quad after school

Students must move out of the campus quad area to the front of Kimball at least 25 minutes after the last bell. Students who have a club, athletic or tutoring obligation should be on the way to the designated activity by then.

Student Store at Friday lunches

Do you need Kimball High spirit wear? Check out the brand new student store located in the cafe! The student store will be open every Friday at lunch for sales. Stop by to check out the current selection and let student leadership know what kind of items you would like to see in the Jaguar store.

Bandanas only on Spirit Fridays

Jaguar students, remember orange and leopard bandanas are only allowed on spirit Fridays!

Cell phone ban in bathrooms

Kimball’s cell phone ban in the classroom extends to the hallways and bathrooms when students are out of the classroom during classroom hours.

Don’t go past blue line

Blue lines have been painted on the pavement on the Kimball quad. Students need to stay within the boundary blue lines during lunch time. No student should be crossing the blue line unless he or she has a pass to attend a club meeting or are going to the library.

Don’t leave books in class

If a book is checked out to you, it is your responsibility to keep it with you and in good condition. Do not leave books behind in a classroom, even if your teacher says, “You can leave your books here” and points out a “safe spot.” Students are responsible for any books checked out to them, not their teachers.

Wear your lanyard; show your ID

Jaguars, be sure to have your lanyards and IDs on at all times on campus.

Parking Permits

Students, please remember to park in the student section of the parking lot and be sure to have your parking pass visible.

Tardy bell policy revised

Remember, don’t be tardy! Be sure to get to all of your classes on time and be in your seat by the time the bell rings.

Athletes in action

• Kimball’s freshman baseball team faces Tokay High of Lodi at 3:30 p.m., today, at the Monte Vista Middle School diamond.
  • The Jaguar boys’ golf team tees off against Mountain View High in Los Altos this afternoon.