• October 6Homecoming Game!

• September 22Homecoming Night Rally is Oct. 4!

• September 22Powderpuff Game Oct. 2!

It’s that time for Spring Sports to Blossom!

Mackenzie Rose, Reporter

It is that time of year! Spring sports are starting! The spring sports include softball, boy’s golf, swimming, track and field, and baseball.

Softball had a large turnout with many freshman, sophomores, and returning varsity players coming to try out. The freshman softball team has a roster of 18 girls. JV and Varsity each have 14 on their teams. Kimball’s Varsity team lost their first game to Dublin High School on February 23, 2017. Both JV and Freshman teams just played in a tournament on February 24th and 25th. “I am very excited for this season. I feel like this group of girls will do great,” said head varsity coach Alicia Honnell.

Kimball High baseball is working hard with their 6:30 am morning workouts. “This season is going to be a good one. I feel we can make something happen this year,” head varsity coach Ted Muniz said. The turnout for boys baseball has been great. “There are many hard workers out here,” Joseph Hernandez said. The Jaguars faced their first opponent on Saturday February 25th.

Track and field is off to a great start. Their first meet was on February 23rd at Cal High in San Ramon. Many of the athletes participating in track and field are very excited about the new season. Deion Lightfoot said, “I am looking forward to another great season with great people.

“This time of the year for sports is my favorite,” says Pinela Bernal. The swimmers have been working hard every day perfecting their strokes and times for their first meet.

Boys golf has not officially started yet but all of the athletes on the team are excited for the upcoming season.